Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Settling into married life

One of our wedding presents was a dry erase board. You have to understand I am a lister. I list what needs to be done, what I'd like to do, my meals, my snacks, what I need to take with me, what Alexis needs to take with her. I list everything because otherwise I will forget something.

So last night before I went to bed I made a to-do list for myself for today. I got up, read it over, smiled, and left.

I didn't even think about it while I was at work today but I got home and looked and what do I see? Checkmarks all the way down. I smiled.

What a wonderful way for my dh to surprise me. He completed my to-do list except laundry, which he helped with. And so I finished the laundry today. I also finished cleaning up the bedroom from moving in, cleaned the living room and made supper.

This has really made my day that he surprised me before I came home. And I told him thank you, and left a note on the dry erase board saying thank you with 2 to-do lists. A honey do list and my own to do list. LOL

I am a very lucky woman and a very happy new bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment